Never was a game of the month more discussed than this game. 50% of us hated it, 50% loved it to bits. As you can see the latter 50% have prevailed.
What speaks for K&K in the view of its admirers:
– Innovative and thematically consistent design
– Fast flow with growing tension towards the end
– Enough interaction without kingmaking or “take that” – shenanigans
– Many strategies lead to victory, also flexible ones
What speaks against K&K in the view of its detractors:
– Too complex and long
– Too few actions
– Too much waiting for your move (sic! Apparently this is very subjective….)
– Too many details and unnecessary chrome
If you like the game or not will therefore definitely be a matter of taste. But it should be noted that the ones of us that liked this game not only loved K&K….but loved it to bits. And that is quite revealing.